NASHVILLE, TN -- (Marketwire) -- 03/07/13 -- Word Entertainment will release a musical companion to the History Channel's mini-series "The Bible" on March 12. The 12-track album highlighting themes from the mini-series features contemporary Christian's top artists including Meredith Andrews, Chris August, Francesca Battistelli, Big Daddy Weave, Jason Castro, Everfound, for KING & COUNTRY, Group 1 Crew, Dara Maclean, Point of Grace, and Sidewalk Prophets. Superstars Wynonna Judd and Kenny Rogers also come together on the compilation for a special rendition of "Mary Did You Know?" The breathtaking epic, which airs every Sunday through March culminating on Easter, drew in 27 million viewers this past Sunday making it the No. 1 cable telecast of the year and the No. 1 show in all of TV for the night.
"Roma and I are delighted that Word Entertainment and their talented Christian roster partnered with us on this project," commented producer Mark Burnett. "When we heard Francesca Battistelli's rendition of 'In Your Eyes' we immediately loved it. All of the artists' music fits beautifully with our vision of 'The Bible.'" Rod Riley, Word Entertainment's President & CEO acclaimed, "I am incredibly proud to be a part of this series through our relationship with Mark Burnett and Roma Downey and 'The Bible' CD. What a great opportunity for our artists and our company to be able to partner on such an important and awe-inspiring project."
The 12-song musical companion is available for pre-order now here and in stores and online for purchase everywhere on March 12.
"The Bible: Music Inspired By The Epic Mini-Series" Track listing:
1. "In Your Eyes" - Francesca Battistelli
2. "Live Like That" - Sidewalk Prophets
3. "This Side Of Heaven" - Chris August
4. "Starting Line" - Jason Castro
5. "Love Come To Life" - Big Daddy Weave
6. "Crave" - for KING & COUNTRY
7. "Fearless" - Group 1 Crew
8. "What Love Means" - Everfound
9. "Home" - Dara Maclean
10. "Wash Me Away" - Point Of Grace
11. "Not For A Moment (After All)" - Meredith Andrews
12. "Mary, Did You Know?" - Wynonna Judd and Kenny Rogers
About "The Bible" Mini-Series
The Bible comes to life in HISTORY's epic new series. From Genesis to Revelation, these unforgettable stories unfold through live action and cutting-edge computer-generated imagery, offering new insight into famous scenes and iconic characters. Created by producer Mark Burnett and featuring an international cast that includes Roma Downey, this 10-hour docudrama explores the sacred text's most significant episodes, including Noah's journey in the ark, the Exodus and the life of Jesus.
About Word Entertainment
A leader in the music industry for over 60 years, Word Entertainment, a Warner/Curb company, is a unique, comprehensive entertainment company comprised of multi-faceted artist service departments including publishing, merchandising, booking, and online initiatives. Word Entertainment represents some of the top names and brands in music, including Meredith Andrews, Chris August, BarlowGirl, Francesca Battistelli, Big Daddy Weave, Jason Castro, Patrick Ryan Clark, Everfound, for KING & COUNTRY, Group 1 Crew, Love & The Outcome, Dara Maclean, Point Of Grace and Sidewalk Prophets and is home to 25 Entertainment, Word Distribution (representing Curb Records and Big Idea/VeggieTales among others), Word Print, Word Films, Word Music Publishing and Word Label Group's Word Records, Word Worship and Fervent Records.
To download official photos please visit: www.wordlabelgroup.com/pr
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2250887
Warner Music Group / Word Entertainment
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply