Jenelle Evans is undergoing treatment for drug abuse at a North Carolina rehab, an attorney for the "Teen Mom 2" star told E! News Thursday.
"Jenelle is in a rehabilitation treatment facility in North Carolina to address any addiction issues for drug use," said lawyer Dustin R.T. Sullivan.
Sullivan did not specify how long Evans, the 21-year-old mother of a toddler-age son, is expected to remain in rehab, nor did he reveal the specific drug use she is being treated for, E! News said.
The rehab stint comes less than two months after the MTV personality filed assault charges against her husband, Courtland Rogers, and later suffered a miscarriage with her ex-fiance, Gary Head, by her side.
Since Evans checked into rehab, her husband has been arrested. Pender County Sheriff Deputy Chester Ward told E! News they discovered Rogers had outstanding warrants March 5 when they were dispatched to the scene of an unrelated call in Hampstead, N.C.
"We had responded to a disturbance call, but it didn't have anything to do with him. He and some other people were there and we will check and run identification to make sure they don't have any outstanding warrants and Mr. Rogers did," Ward said.
"He just happened to be at the residence," the deputy said. "We put him in our holding jail and processed him here and Brunswick County picked him up this morning."
Rogers has been charged with four counts of assault on a female, as well as two counts of battery on an unborn child. He remains in the county jail, E! said.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column