TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/07/13 -- As Canada's startup community continues to gather more momentum, mesh is excited to announce the second edition of its popular Hosted Startup Program.
The program helps startup entrepreneurs come to mesh 13, Canada's leading digital conference, which is happening on May 15/16 at the Allstream Centre in Toronto.
"This is our chance to give back to the community that has generously supported mesh," said Alicia Kalozdi-MacMillan, who heads up sponsorship and partnership programs for mesh. "It's important to nurture and support entrepreneurs, so we're excited that we can offer a bigger and better Hosted Startup Program this year."
A key part of the Hosted Startup Program is the support provided by mesh's sponsors: Visa Canada, Ernst & Young, Rackspace and Wildeboer Dellelce.
Applications for the program startup-application/">are now open. To apply, you need to be a leader or future leader actively involved in the startup community. You love talking about your startup and can explain why you should attend mesh.
Once the application process has closed, hosted startups will be handpicked, recommended and qualified by mesh. The hosted startup scholars will be invited to participate in the program free of charge.
The mesh team is also excited about a Demo Alley that will provide 20 startups with the opportunity to showcase their products. In addition, mesh will showcase selected entrepreneurs from the main stage to talk about their startup in front of all attendees as part of the 15 Minutes of Fame program.
To learn more about the Hosted Start Program and the qualifying criteria, visit the mesh Website.
Since its debut in 2006, mesh has become Canada's leading digital conference. It brings together speakers from around the world who provide insight and inspiration about how the Web is changing how we live, work and play.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief