OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/07/13 -- Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston will welcome Mr. Bob Nicholson, President of Hockey Canada, to Rideau Hall, on Monday, March 11, 2013, at 10:30 a.m., to announce their patronage of the 2013 IIHF Ice Hockey Women's World Championship. Canada's Capital will host the world-renowned event from April 2 to 9, 2013.
During the announcement, Mr. Nicholson will speak on Their Excellencies' participation in a number of special events being held during the tournament. His Excellency will also deliver remarks on his appreciation for women's hockey. Team Canada alumni Ms. Jennifer Botterill and Ms. Cheryl Pounder will then present Team Canada hockey jerseys to Their Excellencies, in the presence of players from the peewee girls' hockey teams Ottawa Ice and Les Extremes de l'Outaouais.
For more information on the 2013 IIHF Ice Hockey Women's World Championship, visit www.hockeycanada.ca.
Media representatives wishing to cover this event must confirm their attendance in advance with Marie-Pierre Belanger, and arrive on-site no later than 10:15 a.m. on the day of the event. Media identification cards must be worn at all times.
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter
Rideau Hall Press Office
Director of Communications
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal