TORONTO, ONTARIO and CHICAGO, ILLINOIS -- (Marketwire) -- 03/07/13 -- BMO Financial Group salutes Stompin' Tom Connors, who passed away yesterday.
Mr. Connors, 77 years of age, was a cultural Canadian icon. Among his most famous songs was The Hockey Song, which begins with the lyrics "Hello out there, we're on the air, it's hockey night tonight."
"Stompin' Tom will be missed, but his legacy will live on forever," said Justine Fedak, Head of Sponsorships for BMO Financial Group. "As supporters of the arts and hockey through our sponsorship of the Canadian Hockey League and its 48 teams, the Rockford IceHogs in the American Hockey League and the Chicago Blackhawks, we thank Stompin' Tom for all he gave fans around the world, through his passion, dedication and endearing music that we sing along to at home and in hockey arenas."
Mr. Connors was made an Officer of the Order of Canada in 1996. Added Ms. Fedak, "In our hearts, he belongs in the Hockey Hall of Fame and a Builder Inductee - right next to Foster Hewitt."
About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817 as Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified North American financial services organization. With total assets of $542 billion as at January 31, 2013, and more than 46,000 employees, BMO Financial Group provides a broad range of retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.
For News Media inquiries:
Beja Rodeck, Toronto
Russell Baker, Toronto
Jim Kappel, Chicago
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?