Las Vegas has topped numerous accolade-filled travel lists in recent months, but a recent ranking from Coed Magazine is not one of them.
The collegiate lifestyle publication, whose website subtopics include "Sports," "Girls" and "Stuff," has placed Las Vegas atop its list of the "15 Trashiest Spring Break Destinations 2013."
Coed, whose daily features include photos of scantily clad college girls, knows a thing or two about the topic at hand; it has thusly based the list on criteria including -- but not limited to -- a locale's number of Hooters restaurants, the number of tattoo parlors, if they host a "bike week," if there are casinos and whether "Girls Gone Wild" has been filmed there.
Las Vegas defeated runners-up South Padre Island, Texas, and Daytona Beach, Fla., with the following "trashy" criteria:
- Number of Hooters: 4
- Number of liquor stores: 126
- Number of strip clubs: 53
- Number of tattoo parlors: 151
- Bike week? Yes
- Casinos? Yes
- Drinking laws? Lax
Other Spring Break destinations on the list include Myrtle Beach, S.C. (No. 4) and Orlando, Fla. (No. 5), though few came close to Las Vegas' figures. They don't call us Sin City for nothing.
Check out the full list at CoedMagazine.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs