Las Vegas has topped numerous accolade-filled travel lists in recent months, but a recent ranking from Coed Magazine is not one of them.
The collegiate lifestyle publication, whose website subtopics include "Sports," "Girls" and "Stuff," has placed Las Vegas atop its list of the "15 Trashiest Spring Break Destinations 2013."
Coed, whose daily features include photos of scantily clad college girls, knows a thing or two about the topic at hand; it has thusly based the list on criteria including -- but not limited to -- a locale's number of Hooters restaurants, the number of tattoo parlors, if they host a "bike week," if there are casinos and whether "Girls Gone Wild" has been filmed there.
Las Vegas defeated runners-up South Padre Island, Texas, and Daytona Beach, Fla., with the following "trashy" criteria:
- Number of Hooters: 4
- Number of liquor stores: 126
- Number of strip clubs: 53
- Number of tattoo parlors: 151
- Bike week? Yes
- Casinos? Yes
- Drinking laws? Lax
Other Spring Break destinations on the list include Myrtle Beach, S.C. (No. 4) and Orlando, Fla. (No. 5), though few came close to Las Vegas' figures. They don't call us Sin City for nothing.
Check out the full list at CoedMagazine.com.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast