Las Vegas has topped numerous accolade-filled travel lists in recent months, but a recent ranking from Coed Magazine is not one of them.
The collegiate lifestyle publication, whose website subtopics include "Sports," "Girls" and "Stuff," has placed Las Vegas atop its list of the "15 Trashiest Spring Break Destinations 2013."
Coed, whose daily features include photos of scantily clad college girls, knows a thing or two about the topic at hand; it has thusly based the list on criteria including -- but not limited to -- a locale's number of Hooters restaurants, the number of tattoo parlors, if they host a "bike week," if there are casinos and whether "Girls Gone Wild" has been filmed there.
Las Vegas defeated runners-up South Padre Island, Texas, and Daytona Beach, Fla., with the following "trashy" criteria:
- Number of Hooters: 4
- Number of liquor stores: 126
- Number of strip clubs: 53
- Number of tattoo parlors: 151
- Bike week? Yes
- Casinos? Yes
- Drinking laws? Lax
Other Spring Break destinations on the list include Myrtle Beach, S.C. (No. 4) and Orlando, Fla. (No. 5), though few came close to Las Vegas' figures. They don't call us Sin City for nothing.
Check out the full list at CoedMagazine.com.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women