U.S. television icon Valerie Harper told People magazine she has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and likely has no more than three months to live.
Harper, 73, is best known for her portrayal of Rhoda Morgenstern on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and its spin-off, "Rhoda." She also headlined the sitcom "Valerie."
The actress told People magazine doctors gave her the dire diagnosis Jan. 15, but she is trying to maintain a positive attitude.
"I don't think of dying," she said. "I think of being here now."
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists