U.S. television icon Valerie Harper told People magazine she has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and likely has no more than three months to live.
Harper, 73, is best known for her portrayal of Rhoda Morgenstern on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and its spin-off, "Rhoda." She also headlined the sitcom "Valerie."
The actress told People magazine doctors gave her the dire diagnosis Jan. 15, but she is trying to maintain a positive attitude.
"I don't think of dying," she said. "I think of being here now."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down