Online job search and software company Snagajob has hired a new chief executive officer as its founder and current CEO moves into a new leadership role.
The Henrico County-based company also said today that it may take the company public by conducting an initial public offering of stock in the next two to three years.
Shawn Boyer, who started the online job recruiting business as a result of a chance discovery in 2000, will become the company's chairman.
Replacing him as CEO in April will be Peter Harrison, the former chief executive of McLean-based GlobalLogic, a software research and development services company.
During Harrison's tenure as CEO from 2002 to 2012, GlobalLogic grew from 20 people to more than 6,000 workers. He is GlobalLogic's current board vice chairman.
"It will be an active chairman's role," Boyer said today. "I will be here every single day. I will able to spend more time with clients and prospects."
Boyer, 41, said he will focus his time on business and strategic development. He said the timing was right to make the change because of the strategic needs of the company.
Without providing details, Boyer said Snagajob is considering an IPO in the next two to three years.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say