Online job search and software company Snagajob has hired a new chief executive officer as its founder and current CEO moves into a new leadership role.
The Henrico County-based company also said today that it may take the company public by conducting an initial public offering of stock in the next two to three years.
Shawn Boyer, who started the online job recruiting business as a result of a chance discovery in 2000, will become the company's chairman.
Replacing him as CEO in April will be Peter Harrison, the former chief executive of McLean-based GlobalLogic, a software research and development services company.
During Harrison's tenure as CEO from 2002 to 2012, GlobalLogic grew from 20 people to more than 6,000 workers. He is GlobalLogic's current board vice chairman.
"It will be an active chairman's role," Boyer said today. "I will be here every single day. I will able to spend more time with clients and prospects."
Boyer, 41, said he will focus his time on business and strategic development. He said the timing was right to make the change because of the strategic needs of the company.
Without providing details, Boyer said Snagajob is considering an IPO in the next two to three years.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Kanye West 'SNL Speech' Renounces Celebrity Status
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- Ullman Says Penney Turnaround Will Take Time