Media Vista Group LLC (MVG) has completed acquisition of four Univision television stations in Florida, Missouri and Minnesota, the privately owned company announced today. The stations are KUKC-48 in Kansas City, Mo.; WUMN-13 in Minneapolis; and WLZE-51 and WUVF-2 in Fort Myers/Naples, Fla.
The transaction closed March 1 in Washington, D.C., entitling MVG to immediately start operating the Univision affiliates. MVG announced the planned acquisition of the affiliates and their FCC licenses on Dec. 26.
"We are partnering with a great network to continue serving U.S. Hispanic audiences across the country, especially in the growing markets we will have presence with these stations," Orlando Rosales, CEO of MVG, said in a statement.
MVG's operations include D'Latinas.tv; D'Latinos Magazine, a Spanish-language lifestyles monthly; and WANA-16, an affiliate of Azteca America Network in Fort Myers-Naples.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad