Media Vista Group LLC (MVG) has completed acquisition of four Univision television stations in Florida, Missouri and Minnesota, the privately owned company announced today. The stations are KUKC-48 in Kansas City, Mo.; WUMN-13 in Minneapolis; and WLZE-51 and WUVF-2 in Fort Myers/Naples, Fla.
The transaction closed March 1 in Washington, D.C., entitling MVG to immediately start operating the Univision affiliates. MVG announced the planned acquisition of the affiliates and their FCC licenses on Dec. 26.
"We are partnering with a great network to continue serving U.S. Hispanic audiences across the country, especially in the growing markets we will have presence with these stations," Orlando Rosales, CEO of MVG, said in a statement.
MVG's operations include D'Latinas.tv; D'Latinos Magazine, a Spanish-language lifestyles monthly; and WANA-16, an affiliate of Azteca America Network in Fort Myers-Naples.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text