Media Vista Group LLC (MVG) has completed acquisition of four Univision television stations in Florida, Missouri and Minnesota, the privately owned company announced today. The stations are KUKC-48 in Kansas City, Mo.; WUMN-13 in Minneapolis; and WLZE-51 and WUVF-2 in Fort Myers/Naples, Fla.
The transaction closed March 1 in Washington, D.C., entitling MVG to immediately start operating the Univision affiliates. MVG announced the planned acquisition of the affiliates and their FCC licenses on Dec. 26.
"We are partnering with a great network to continue serving U.S. Hispanic audiences across the country, especially in the growing markets we will have presence with these stations," Orlando Rosales, CEO of MVG, said in a statement.
MVG's operations include D'Latinas.tv; D'Latinos Magazine, a Spanish-language lifestyles monthly; and WANA-16, an affiliate of Azteca America Network in Fort Myers-Naples.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Thad Cochran, 76, Seeks 7th Senate Term
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- WTO Makes Progress on Trade Deal
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data