WINNIPEG, MANITOBA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/06/13 -- KidSport Canada is a national not-for-profit organization that provides financial assistance for sport registration fees and equipment to children ages 18 and under. This month, the national office will be relocating to Manitoba from British Columbia. The new office will be housed in the Sport for Life Centre in Winnipeg.
"The relocation of our office to Sport Manitoba's wonderful Sport for Life Centre will help us to better serve the needs of our members and stakeholders across Canada," said Jamie Ferguson, Chair for KidSport Canada. "We're also pleased to continue to strengthen our relationships with our member sport federations as we work together to improve access to Canada's sport system for children across the country."
With the move to Winnipeg, KidSport is pleased to announce the hiring of Bryan Ezako as the new KidSport Canada Manager. Ezako has extensive experience working as an advocate and facilitator for physical activity and sport participation in his previous roles with the Sunshine Fund, Manitoba Camping Association, Manitoba Five Pin Bowling, and the Manitoba Baseball Association.
"Bryan's background in both the sport and non-profit charity sectors are a great fit for us, and we're pleased to welcome him to the KidSport Canada team," says Ferguson. "We look forward to working with him to provide more opportunities for Canadian children to reap the many benefits of participating in sport."
KidSport Canada is a national not-for-profit organization that helps remove financial barriers that prevent kids from playing sport by providing assistance for registration fees and sport equipment to children aged 18 and under - So ALL Kids Can Play! Through a confidential application process grants are given so they can play a season of sport. One of KidSport Canada's primary goals is to support a network of 11 provincial/territorial KidSport chapters and 177 community KidSport chapters across Canada in their fundraising and sport activities.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women