WALTHAM, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/06/13 -- GSN Digital, the interactive division of GSN, today announced the launch of Wheel of Fortune BINGO on GSN.com. The new game combines classic Bingo gameplay with the familiar imagery and gameplay of television's Wheel of Fortune, satisfying fans of America's #1 game show and Bingo fanatics alike.
Wheel of Fortune BINGO lets players earn virtual tokens as they strive for a Bingo and attempt to solve Wheel of Fortune puzzles. The new game is the latest Wheel of Fortune title from GSN Digital. Other popular cross-platform titles include Wheel of Fortune and Wheel of Fortune Slots, which have consistently been among GSN's most popular games. More than 17 million players collectively have played Wheel of Fortune Slots on GSN.com, the GSN Casino mobile app and Games by GSN Facebook app.
"Our millions of Wheel of Fortunes Slots fans have taken over 38 billion spins, proving that Wheel of Fortune content is in high demand," said Jeff Karp, executive vice president, mobile and social games for GSN Digital. "Wheel of Fortune BINGO is our answer to player demand for new Wheel of Fortune content as well as new game offerings. We're excited to engage players by layering familiar Wheel of Fortune game show experiences with the popularity of Bingo."
Wheel of Fortune BINGO players first pick the number of Bingo cards they would like to play and the number of tokens they'd like to play per card. Once the game starts, the Letter Board appears along with a one-of-a-kind Bingo hopper featuring the iconic Wheel. With each spin of the wheel, one ball is dropped. Yellow balls contain Bingo numbers, which players match to their Bingo cards, pink balls are Wild, allowing players to daub any spot on their card, and blue Prize Balls credit the user a bonus of tokens. Rare orange Puzzle Balls allow players to select a letter on the Letter Board and make progress towards solving the puzzle. Each correct letter adds tokens to the Puzzle Bank. Successfully solving the puzzle earns the player the value of the Puzzle Bank. If a player achieves Bingo, they spin the wheel to see how many tokens they have won. Any progress the player has made in filling out the letters of the puzzle is carried over to the next game.
Wheel of Fortune BINGO is currently available on www.gsn.com and will launch in the Games by GSN app on Facebook in the coming weeks.
GSN is a multimedia entertainment company that offers original and classic game programming and competitive entertainment via its 75-million subscriber television network and online game sites. GSN's cross-platform content gives game lovers the opportunity to win cash and prizes, whether through GSN's popular TV game shows or through GSN Digital's free casual games, mobile and social games, and cash competitions. GSN is distributed throughout the U.S., Caribbean and Canada by all major cable operators, satellite providers and telcos. GSN and its subsidiary, WorldWinner.com, Inc., are owned by DIRECTV and Sony Pictures Entertainment. For further information, visit GSN at www.gsn.com.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Daily Trivia Byte
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love