TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/06/13 -- Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies (FSWC) condemns in the strongest terms the racist anti-Israel propaganda perpetuated by the Canadian Union of Postal Workers.
"The White Rose publication by the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) has disintegrated into a racist propaganda tool filled with half-truths and a complete lack of context targeting the Jewish people who have re-built a nation in their ancient homeland," said Avi Benlolo, President and CEO of FSWC. "There is an absolute neglect by CUPW of the ongoing anti-Jewish violence and terror faced by Israel on a daily basis. This demonstrates a profound bias against a people who, despite being repeatedly dispossessed throughout history, have managed to create the only democratic nation in the Middle East with equal rights for all its citizens on the land which is their historical birthright."
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center is a non-profit human rights organization committed to countering racism and antisemitism and to promoting the principles of tolerance, social justice and Canadian democratic values through advocacy and education.
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies
416.864.9735 x 32 (office)
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Thad Cochran, 76, Seeks 7th Senate Term
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- WTO Makes Progress on Trade Deal
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data