Small business owners can learn about social media and how to improve their online presence at a free seminar on Saturday.
The Northeast East Central Colorado Small Business Development Center and students in Enactus and other student organizations at the Monfort College of Business at the University of Northern Colorado have partnered to offer a free web development day at Kepner Hall at University of Northern Colorado, according to a news release. Registration is required and space is limited.
"This is a great way for students at the Monfort College of Business to work with the SBDC and share their knowledge and support small businesses throughout northern Colorado," said Don Gudmundson, dean of the college, in the release. "Our students initiated the idea and worked with Google, Intuit and the SBDC to bring it to life."
Two free seminars will be offered: The first class is "Build Your Own Website" and will go through steps to create a fully functional live website and host it for one year, absolutely free in just 90 minutes. This class will be offered at 8:30 a.m. and repeated at 1 p.m.
The second class is "Grow Your Audience and Website" and will help small business owners grow their audience and Internet presence through search engine optimization. This class will be offered at 10:30 a.m. and repeated at 3 p.m. Attendees also can opt to attend an open lab for personalized guidance with any social media questions and guidance.
For more information or to register, contact Amie Benson at the Northeast East Central Colorado Small Business Development Center at (970) 352-3661.
Most Popular Stories
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Legal Pot Shops Do Roaring Business on Opening Day
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device