Small business owners can learn about social media and how to improve their online presence at a free seminar on Saturday.
The Northeast East Central Colorado Small Business Development Center and students in Enactus and other student organizations at the Monfort College of Business at the University of Northern Colorado have partnered to offer a free web development day at Kepner Hall at University of Northern Colorado, according to a news release. Registration is required and space is limited.
"This is a great way for students at the Monfort College of Business to work with the SBDC and share their knowledge and support small businesses throughout northern Colorado," said Don Gudmundson, dean of the college, in the release. "Our students initiated the idea and worked with Google, Intuit and the SBDC to bring it to life."
Two free seminars will be offered: The first class is "Build Your Own Website" and will go through steps to create a fully functional live website and host it for one year, absolutely free in just 90 minutes. This class will be offered at 8:30 a.m. and repeated at 1 p.m.
The second class is "Grow Your Audience and Website" and will help small business owners grow their audience and Internet presence through search engine optimization. This class will be offered at 10:30 a.m. and repeated at 3 p.m. Attendees also can opt to attend an open lab for personalized guidance with any social media questions and guidance.
For more information or to register, contact Amie Benson at the Northeast East Central Colorado Small Business Development Center at (970) 352-3661.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power