NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 03/06/13 -- Wellness and Lifestyle Contributor Terra Wellington has ideas for helping busy families keep their nutrition on track.
First, when you eat out, look for eateries that list calories and nutritional data. This is a little-known provision in the Affordable Healthcare Act that can change your eating-out choices. For example, Panera Bread was the first national restaurant to put calories on its menu boards. You can look for their new hidden menu with a lineup of "power foods" -- lean proteins, complex carbohydrates and veggies. The menu and nutritional info are found online at PaneraNutrition.com.
Second, have sit-down meals at least four days a week. Research says it can reduce your weight because you have to think about what you'll eat. For busy families who love seafood, the Sea Cuisine Fire Roasted line is a 20-minute oven baked option for those who love seafood and have been inspired by seafood eaten when traveling or in restaurants. There's Salmon, Tilapia, and Cod -- which are high in protein but low in saturated fat. You prepare your sides while it's baking. And for those observing Lent, it's the perfect time to try it!
One new supplement that is gaining traction is 5-HTP. It's a drug-free and plant-derived source of an amino acid that naturally increases the body's level of serotonin. Serotonin affects your mood, thought, sleep and can help to decrease your hunger. One example is Natrol's 5-HTP in multiple formats. It's a Fast Dissolve formula for those on the go and has a Time Release option -- which works slowly and steadily throughout the day. It's part of their family of brands with health and wellness solutions for the whole family.
This release is provided by YourUpdate.tv for whom Terra Wellington is a spokesperson on behalf of the organizations referred.
For more information, please visit: www.terrawellington.com
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2249725
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
YourUpdate.TV (in conjunction with D S Simon Productions)
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column