ROSELAND, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 03/06/13 -- Private sector employment increased by 198,000 jobs from January to February, according to the February ADP National Employment Report®, which is produced by ADP®, a leading provider of human capital management solutions, in collaboration with Moody's Analytics. The report, which is derived from ADP's actual payroll data, measures the change in total nonfarm private employment each month on a seasonally-adjusted basis. The January 2013 report, which reported job gains of 192,000, was revised upward by 23,000 to 215,000 jobs.
February 2013 Report Highlights*
View the ADP National Employment Report Infograph at www.adpemploymentreport.com.
Total U.S. Nonfarm Private Employment: 198,000
•By Company Size •Small businesses: 77,000•1-19 employees 47,000 •20-49 employees 29,000
•Medium businesses: 65,000•50-499 employees 65,000
•Large businesses: 57,000•500-999 employees 23,000 •1,000+ employees 34,000
•By Sector •Goods producing 34,000 •Service providing 164,000
•Industry Snapshot •Construction 21,000 •Manufacturing 9,000 •Trade/transportation/utilities 45,000 •Financial activities 7,000 •Professional/business services 35,000
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column