LOUISVILLE, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/05/13 -- Zayo Group announced it has deployed a native 100G Wavelength network on its Memphis to Chicago route. The Memphis to Chicago network route was previously only available to Dark Fiber customers and, with this upgrade, Zayo is now able to expand its Bandwidth Infrastructure services to include Wavelengths and Ethernet between these two markets.
Zayo strengthened its position in the Southeast region with last year's acquisition of USCarrier. The USCarrier assets provide Zayo with fiber-based solutions in southeastern states, including Georgia, Florida, Alabama and Tennessee.
"This is another key piece of our previously announced nationwide 100G Wavelength Network rollout and makes a unique fiber path available to our lit services customers," says Zach Nebergall, Vice President of Zayo's Wavelength Product Group. "With Zayo's recent organic and inorganic growth in the Southeast, we can meet a broader set of customer demands for Bandwidth Infrastructure services with end to end connectivity."
The project was completed in early 2013 with its first Wavelength customers activated on the network as of mid-January.
For more information on Zayo, visit www.zayo.com.
About Zayo Group
Based in Louisville, Colo., privately owned Zayo Group (www.zayo.com) is an international provider of fiber-based Bandwidth Infrastructure services and carrier-neutral colocation and interconnection services. Zayo serves wireline and wireless carriers, data centers, Internet content and services companies, high bandwidth enterprises, and federal, state and local government agencies. Zayo provides these services over metro, metro, national, international and fiber-to-the-tower networks. With its acquisitions of USCarrier, FiberGate, AboveNet, FTS and LiteCast. Zayo's network includes 72,800 route miles, serving 45 states and Washington, D.C. Its network serves approximately 11,104 on-net buildings, including 546 data centers, 553 carrier PoPs, and 2,845 cell towers. Zayo's colocation assets include 141,000 billable square feet of interconnect-focused colocation space.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women