OSLO, NORWAY -- (Marketwire) -- 03/05/13 -- CGI Group Inc., (NYSE: GIB)(TSX: GIB.A), a leading provider of information technology and business process services, is pleased to announce that Statoil has chosen to extend its Service Desk contract with CGI in Norway. The multifunctional Service Desk is used by Statoil's 20,000 employees in 36 countries. The agreement is extended until 2016, with an optional one year extension until April 2017.
For ten years, CGI has been responsible for delivering business process services to Statoil. CGI's multifunctional Service Desk provides Statoil employees all over the world with a single point of contact for enquiries related to IT, human resources, finance, procurement, communication and facilities issues. Together, we have developed a modern, flexible, high quality service with main delivery centers in Stavanger, Norway and Manila, Philippines.
"We are pleased that Statoil continues to place their trust in us as one of their key IT suppliers. CGI delivers the industry and technology expertise required to support Statoil in areas strategic to their business growth. Our ability to combine local and global delivery is essential and we are proud of our global capability to provide high quality service to Statoil's employees 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This contract extension allows us to continue to enhance our service capabilities for Statoil users around the world," said Gisle M. Eckhoff, Senior Vice-President, CGI in Norway.
Founded in 1976, CGI Group Inc. is the fifth largest independent information technology and business process services firm in the world. With approximately 71,000 members located in offices and global delivery centers in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, CGI offers a comprehensive portfolio of services including high-end business and IT consulting, systems integration, application development and maintenance, infrastructure management as well as a wide range of proprietary solutions. Further to the recent acquisition of Logica, CGI's annualized revenue is in excess of C$10 billion, with an estimated order backlog of approximately C$18.3 billion; its shares are listed on the TSX (GIB.A) and the NYSE (GIB) and are included in the FTSE4Good Index. Website: www.cgi.com.
Global Communications and Investor Relations
+47 47 68 3368
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Portland's Arts District to host theater festival from June 26-30 [Sun Journal (Lewiston, ME)]
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- Daily Trivia Byte
- 'Iron Man 3' makes $1 billion worldwide, $300 million domestically
- As 'The Office' ends, other workplace shows find a big TV audience