EAST AURORA, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 03/05/13 -- Moog Inc. (NYSE: MOG.A) (NYSE: MOG.B) announced today that it finalized the terms of a contract with Bell Helicopter for the design, qualification and manufacturing of the primary flight control actuation on the new Bell 525 Relentless helicopter.
Last February, Bell Helicopter launched the 525 Relentless Program, a Super Medium twin capable of carrying up to 16 passengers. The helicopter, which was designed with the assistance of select customers, will be marketed to the offshore oil industry, search and rescue operators, corporate/executive transport and emergency medical operations.
Bell Helicopter selected Moog as the primary flight control actuation supplier on the 525 Relentless in early 2012. The helicopter's flight control system will feature a new
Ralph Elbert, General Manager of Moog's Rotorcraft Products Business Unit stated "I'm delighted that we are working with Bell on this high-profile platform. We have been involved with this program for nearly a year and recently completed the critical design review and delivered the first shipset of prototype hardware. Bell Helicopter is targeting 2014 for the first flight of the 525 Relentless.
Moog Inc. is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision control components and systems. Moog's high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, automated industrial machinery, wind energy, marine and medical equipment. Additional information about the Company can be found at www.moog.com.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell's global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries. Additional information about the Bell Helicopter can be found at www.bellhelicopter.com.
Ann Marie Luhr
NEW YORK 14052
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women