After having the "worst birthday," pop star Justin Bieber cheered himself up by performing at Capital FM Arena in Nottingham, England, officials say.
While celebrating his 19th birthday Friday, Bieber and his entourage were booted from London club Cirque du Soir after an employee at the club smelled marijuana, The Mirror reported.
After the incident, Bieber tweeted "worst birthday," and retreated to his hotel room.
A spokesman for the club said the incident was actually over some members of Bieber's crew being under age.
"We, like all clubs in London, operate a strict age policy," the spokesman told E! News. "As a few of the members of the party were under the suitable age of 18, the security team at Cirque Du Soir, London, clearly explained this rule and refused entry to the club for anyone who could not provide us with adequate proof of age."
"Justin Bieber visits Cirque Du Soir regularly, and he and his friends are always welcome, as long the members of the group are legally old enough to enter the club. This was simply a matter of regulation that we must adhere to," the spokesman added.
On Saturday, the singer donned gold gloves and metal wings to perform in front of thousands of screaming fans at Capital FM Arena, The Mirror said.
Afterward, Bieber tweeted: "Nottingham thanks for being there for me to tonight. Love u. #BELIEVEtour."
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project