"Law & Order" star Jesse L. Martin has replaced Lenny Kravitz in director Julien Temple's Marvin Gaye bio-picture "Sexual Healing," The Hollywood Reporter said.
The reason for Kravitz's departure was not reported.
Irish actor Brendan Gleeson will play music promoter Freddy Cousaert in the film, which is to start shooting this month, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
The movie will follow Gaye's attempt to get his career back on track after it was derailed by his battles with depression and an addiction to drugs. The famous singer-songwriter was shot and killed by his father during an argument when he was high on drugs in 1984. He was 44.
In addition to his stint on "L&O," Martin also was an original cast member in the New York stage production and subsequent movie musical adaptation of "Rent." He can now be seen on TV's "Smash."
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Libyan Production Pushes Brent Crude Below $109
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- U.K. Girds for Nationwide Strike
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta