"Law & Order" star Jesse L. Martin has replaced Lenny Kravitz in director Julien Temple's Marvin Gaye bio-picture "Sexual Healing," The Hollywood Reporter said.
The reason for Kravitz's departure was not reported.
Irish actor Brendan Gleeson will play music promoter Freddy Cousaert in the film, which is to start shooting this month, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
The movie will follow Gaye's attempt to get his career back on track after it was derailed by his battles with depression and an addiction to drugs. The famous singer-songwriter was shot and killed by his father during an argument when he was high on drugs in 1984. He was 44.
In addition to his stint on "L&O," Martin also was an original cast member in the New York stage production and subsequent movie musical adaptation of "Rent." He can now be seen on TV's "Smash."
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Sonoma Growers Win Emerald Cup Cannabis Competition
- Rubio Offers Endorsements, Cash to 2014 GOP Candidates
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach
- Cantor Fitzgerald Settles Suit
- GM Plant Tackles Tough Waste Challenge
- Legal Dope in Uruguay Breaks International Law, Says Buzzkill U.N.
- Pope Removes U.S. Archbishop from Powerful Post
- 'New Rich' May Be Barrier to Bridging Income Gap
- Researchers Question Effectiveness of Vitamins