"Law & Order" star Jesse L. Martin has replaced Lenny Kravitz in director Julien Temple's Marvin Gaye bio-picture "Sexual Healing," The Hollywood Reporter said.
The reason for Kravitz's departure was not reported.
Irish actor Brendan Gleeson will play music promoter Freddy Cousaert in the film, which is to start shooting this month, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
The movie will follow Gaye's attempt to get his career back on track after it was derailed by his battles with depression and an addiction to drugs. The famous singer-songwriter was shot and killed by his father during an argument when he was high on drugs in 1984. He was 44.
In addition to his stint on "L&O," Martin also was an original cast member in the New York stage production and subsequent movie musical adaptation of "Rent." He can now be seen on TV's "Smash."
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Ullman Says Penney Turnaround Will Take Time
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Under the alien ; Tulsa native Heather Langenkamp talks about how she got a part in the new "Star Trek" film.
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox