Glamour magazine has a launched Glam Belleza Latina, a new beauty title aimed at Hispanic women, with Jennifer Lopez on the cover of the premiere issue.
Glamour magazine has a launched Glam Belleza Latina, a new beauty title aimed at Hispanic women, with Jennifer Lopez on the cover of the premiere issue. The magazine will cover such topics as skin care and beauty tricks of the jet set, with text in English interwoven with a smattering of Spanish to appeal to young Latinas.
"We are thrilled to expand the Glamour brand with Glam Belleza Latina," Glamour editor-in-chief Cindi Leive said in a statement. "Our readers are beauty-obsessed, and Latina millennials are such a large part of our readership, making this a natural evolution for us."
In the first issue's cover story, J.Lo. opines on life and love, as well as beauty in the Hispanic culture.
"Latin beauty is the rainbow," she told Glam Belleza Latina. "We have black, we have white, we have caramel. We have blondes, we have blue eyes, we have brown eyes, we have the darkest of the dark skin. Latin beauty is for everybody."
Other highlights of the issue include Natalie Morales' inspiration board, a column by Lydia Lopez about "discovering your superpowers" and tips from artist-in-residence Isabel Toledo about finding a style to call your own.
Parent magazine Glamour already reaches 1.3 million Hispanic women, according to a news release. Hispanic millennials make up 19 percent of the millennial population and will account for more than 80 percent of the growth in the millennial population over the next few years.
The U.S. Hispanic population numbers 52 million -- 16.7 percent of the total population -- according to the 2011 Census Bureau's American Community Survey, and should reach 66 million by 2020. Its buying power is expected to hit $1.2 trillion this year, according to HispanTelligence.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property