STUART, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 03/05/13 -- This spring and summer, the Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina is offering travelers a chance to add a little culture to their beach getaway with a package designed to highlight the debut of the "Leonardo da Vinci: Machines in Motion" exhibit at the new Elliott Museum (located about a quarter mile down the road from the hotel).
The "Leonardo da Vinci: Machines in Motion" exhibit coincides with the opening of the new Elliott Museum. It is a dramatic hands-on display of 40 full-size operational machine replicas made directly from Leonardo's innovative designs and drawings and will run through September. The interactive exhibit encourages hands-on exploration of the machines designed by a team of scientists and artisans who used the craftsmanship and construction techniques originally found in Leonardo's prolific drawings and designs. Highlights include a revolving crane, a full-sized armored tank (large enough for several visitors to explore inside), a working robot, a hydraulic water saw, and four flying machines. The exhibit was created by Worldwide Museum Activities in conjunction with the Leonardo da Vinci Museum in Florence, Italy.
To give visitors from near or far the opportunity to experience this fascinating exhibit, the Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina has created the "da Vinci on the Beach" package which includes the following:
•Deluxe accommodations for one evening; •2 tickets to the "Leonardo da Vinci: Machines in Motion" exhibit at the Elliot Museum; •Breakfast for two; •Leonardo da Vinci commemorative mug filled with locally made Kilwins chocolates; •Information about the Elliott Museum and the "Leonardo da Vinci: Machines in Motion" exhibit
This package is priced from $159 per room, based on double occupancy and is available from March 15 through August 31, 2013. Taxes and gratuities are additional. For additional information or to book, visit www.davincionthebeach.com or call 800-228-9290 and mention promotional code ER7.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise