TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/04/13 -- There's genuine goodness in every Canadian, just like in every bowl of 100% whole wheat Shreddies. The iconic Canadian cereal wanted to salute this unique quality, so it recently set out on a nationwide search for its first "Genuinely Good Canadian", receiving many nominations from coast to coast. In the end, Greg Epp - a married father of three from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - was chosen for the genuine goodness he shares with his community. He is the first to be recognized by the Shreddies campaign.
"Enjoying a bowl of Shreddies is a Canadian tradition that makes us feel good; and when we feel good, we can do good. That's why it's been a part of Canadians' lives for almost 75 years," said Melissa Marchesano, Product Manager for Shreddies. "Greg represents the genuine goodness that we believe is a special Canadian attribute and we wanted to recognize his contribution to his community."
During its search, Shreddies encountered countless Canadians going above and beyond to build a thriving community spirit and encourage healthy, active lifestyles in their hometowns. Ultimately, it was Greg's contributions that stood out. Each and every morning, Greg wakes up before dawn to clear away snow and flood the local outdoor rink, just like his father did for years before him. His selfless commitment ensures his friends and neighbours can enjoy the rink all winter.
To recognize Greg for his genuinely good contributions, Shreddies is featuring him in a national television spot that is currently airing. A behind-the-scenes video of the commercial shoot was also created and posted to Shreddies' Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Shreddies). Fans can see how Greg impacts his community and for every share of the video, Shreddies will donate one box of its cereal to the Daily Bread Food Bank (up to 2,000 boxes).
Additional information on Shreddies' Genuinely Good Canadian campaign can be found at Facebook.com/Shreddies or follow Shreddies on Twitter (@ShreddiesCanada).
About Post Foods Canada Inc.:
Post Foods Canada Inc. is the manufacturer of iconic ready-to-eat cereal brands including Shreddies, Honeycomb, Sugar Crisp, Alpha-Bits, Shredded Wheat, Great Grains, Honey Bunches of Oats and other great tasting cereals. For more information, please visit www.postfoods.ca.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?