KILLEEN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 03/04/13 -- According to Linnemann Realty, Killeen, TX property management service, the economic crisis in the United States made a significant impact on homebuyer confidence. However, although the economic downturn was responsible for weakening consumers' prospects to purchase a home, a recent article from AOL reveals that many young adults are showing interest in owning a home -- regardless of financial risks that were experienced in recent years. The article cites a recent study conducted by Prudential Real Estate that reveals, "Seventy-seven percent of [respondents] aged 25 to 34, and 78 percent of people between 35 and 44, say [homeownership is] 'very important.'"
While it may seem as a surprise to many that younger consumers are the ones who are ready to buy, Linnemann Realty of Killeen, TX notes that it is not an entirely unexpected trend. In fact, the article explains that most who were not positioned to buy a home when the Great Recession happened are now in a place where they are financially confident and ready to realistically think about homeownership. In a recent press statement, Linnemann Realty Killeen, TX comments, "Younger consumers are the future of the real estate industry, and it's understandable that they would be the most enthusiastic about home ownership because they haven't been burned yet by the market."
In addition to being newcomers to the housing market, young adults are always able to learn from the mistakes that recession-era homeowners exemplified. The article adds in addition to learning from previous mistakes, Millenial and Generation X consumers face stricter home loan qualification processes, allowing them to truly assess the weight of the financial commitment that a mortgage carries.
Although many consumers may be able to start fresh in the housing market with some confidence, Linnemann Realty Killeen, TX urges these individuals to stay cautious before diving into a homeownership opportunity. "We urge all prospective homeowners to please choose carefully when choosing a new home to live in. Many younger home buyers go for the flash and the show -- buying at the limit of their means or even beyond. Those jumping into the market should keep an eye towards the investment value of what they purchase. In addition, buyers should make sure they will enjoy where they live and love the home they move into. Just remember that it possible to achieve that level of satisfaction and stay sensible at the same time," Linnemann Realty Killeen, TX concludes in its press statement.
Linnemann Realty Killeen, TX provides professional property management services, as well as assistance with buying, selling, and renting homes. Serving Copperas Cove, Killeen, Harker Heights and Kempner, Linnemann Realty Killeen, TX manages single-family homes, duplexes, fourplexes, small apartment buildings and some small commercial buildings. The business' inventory offers everything from small one-bedroom apartments to luxurious homes found in some of the finest neighborhoods in Central Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column