Veteran radio host Carlos Alvarez will be entertaining morning commuters with his new program, "Carlos Alvarez en la Manana" on Super Estrella 107.1 FM in Los Angeles, Entravision Communications Corp. announced. The show airs 6-10 a.m. Monday-Friday.
Designed to appeal to Hispanic Angelenos, the lifestyle program also features Taly Taly and Hyacinth Itzel, along with music from popular Hispanic artists.
"At Entravision, we are always refreshing our programming lineup to provide listeners with new and exciting content as well as advertisers with unique opportunities to reach the growing Latino population," Jeffery A. Liberman, Entravision's COO, said in a statement.
Hispanics make up more than 48 percent of the population in Los Angeles County, according to the most recent census.
Entravision Communications Corp. is the largest affiliate group of both the top-ranked Univision television network and Univision's UniMas network. It also controls one of the nation's largest groups of primarily Spanish-language radio stations, consisting of 49 owned and operated radio stations.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go