Veteran radio host Carlos Alvarez will be entertaining morning commuters with his new program, "Carlos Alvarez en la Manana" on Super Estrella 107.1 FM in Los Angeles, Entravision Communications Corp. announced. The show airs 6-10 a.m. Monday-Friday.
Designed to appeal to Hispanic Angelenos, the lifestyle program also features Taly Taly and Hyacinth Itzel, along with music from popular Hispanic artists.
"At Entravision, we are always refreshing our programming lineup to provide listeners with new and exciting content as well as advertisers with unique opportunities to reach the growing Latino population," Jeffery A. Liberman, Entravision's COO, said in a statement.
Hispanics make up more than 48 percent of the population in Los Angeles County, according to the most recent census.
Entravision Communications Corp. is the largest affiliate group of both the top-ranked Univision television network and Univision's UniMas network. It also controls one of the nation's largest groups of primarily Spanish-language radio stations, consisting of 49 owned and operated radio stations.
Most Popular Stories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge
- Ford: New F-150 Is No Lightweight
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild