Munich (dpa) - German customs officers seized a capuchin monkey
from Justin Bieber's entourage when the Canadian teen pop idol
arrived at the Munich airport, authorities confirmed late Saturday.
Customs spokesman Thomas Meister said the monkey was taken into quarantine because it lacked documents certifying compliance with animal health and species-protection regulations.
The monkey-less Bieber performed Thursday night to 11,500 screaming fans in Munich's Olympiahalle.
He was scheduled to play Saturday in Vienna in neighbouring Austria before returning to Germany for a Sunday show in Berlin and subsequent dates on his Believe tour.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset