Munich (dpa) - German customs officers seized a capuchin monkey
from Justin Bieber's entourage when the Canadian teen pop idol
arrived at the Munich airport, authorities confirmed late Saturday.
Customs spokesman Thomas Meister said the monkey was taken into quarantine because it lacked documents certifying compliance with animal health and species-protection regulations.
The monkey-less Bieber performed Thursday night to 11,500 screaming fans in Munich's Olympiahalle.
He was scheduled to play Saturday in Vienna in neighbouring Austria before returning to Germany for a Sunday show in Berlin and subsequent dates on his Believe tour.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Libyan Production Pushes Brent Crude Below $109
- UAW Will Take Another Swing at VW Chattanooga
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken
- Warren G. Harding's Spicy Love Letters to Be Released
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza