Munich (dpa) - German customs officers seized a capuchin monkey
from Justin Bieber's entourage when the Canadian teen pop idol
arrived at the Munich airport, authorities confirmed late Saturday.
Customs spokesman Thomas Meister said the monkey was taken into quarantine because it lacked documents certifying compliance with animal health and species-protection regulations.
The monkey-less Bieber performed Thursday night to 11,500 screaming fans in Munich's Olympiahalle.
He was scheduled to play Saturday in Vienna in neighbouring Austria before returning to Germany for a Sunday show in Berlin and subsequent dates on his Believe tour.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists