Munich (dpa) - German customs officers seized a capuchin monkey
from Justin Bieber's entourage when the Canadian teen pop idol
arrived at the Munich airport, authorities confirmed late Saturday.
Customs spokesman Thomas Meister said the monkey was taken into quarantine because it lacked documents certifying compliance with animal health and species-protection regulations.
The monkey-less Bieber performed Thursday night to 11,500 screaming fans in Munich's Olympiahalle.
He was scheduled to play Saturday in Vienna in neighbouring Austria before returning to Germany for a Sunday show in Berlin and subsequent dates on his Believe tour.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise