OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/03/13 -- The 26th Annual National Cadet Biathlon Championship will commence on Sunday, March 3, 2013, in Valcartier, Quebec, with 138 cadet biathletes and 60 cadet officials from every province and territory in Canada. The championship will run until Friday, March 8, 2013.
"Qualifying for this championship is no easy feat, and aiming for gold begins one stride at a time," said the Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence. "In what promises to be an entertaining week of competition, I wish the best of luck to the cadets and instructors at this year's national championship."
The aims of the Cadet Biathlon Program are to promote physical fitness, to act as a catalyst for a cadet fitness/sports program, to promote the safe handling of rifles, and to stimulate and maintain an interest in the Cadet Program.
"Biathlon requires tremendous endurance, strength, skill and precision," said Colonel G.M. Pratt, Director Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers. "Recently, former Air Cadet Jean-Philippe Le Guellec, who got his start in Biathlon through the Cadet Program, attained season-best results at the World Cup. Using this as inspiration, I wish every cadet much success with the personal goals that they have set for themselves."
The races for the National Cadet Biathlon Championship 2013 include the Mass Start, Pursuit Race, Relay Race, and the Patrol Race.
For more information related to the National Cadet Biathlon Championship, please visit www.cadets.ca/biathlon/championship-championnat.
Captain Kimberley Caron, Chief Reserves and Cadets
Public Affairs Officer, Youth Programs
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women