At least 15 people were killed after a
16-storey building collapsed in the centre of Tanzania's commercial
capital Dar es Salaam on Friday, local media reported.
Only two of the 17 people removed so far from the rubble were found alive, police commander Suleiman Kova told the Citizen newspaper.
The East African country's security forces were teaming up with local rescue workers to search for the scores still feared trapped under the ruins, the paper said.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years