At least 15 people were killed after a
16-storey building collapsed in the centre of Tanzania's commercial
capital Dar es Salaam on Friday, local media reported.
Only two of the 17 people removed so far from the rubble were found alive, police commander Suleiman Kova told the Citizen newspaper.
The East African country's security forces were teaming up with local rescue workers to search for the scores still feared trapped under the ruins, the paper said.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile