At least 15 people were killed after a
16-storey building collapsed in the centre of Tanzania's commercial
capital Dar es Salaam on Friday, local media reported.
Only two of the 17 people removed so far from the rubble were found alive, police commander Suleiman Kova told the Citizen newspaper.
The East African country's security forces were teaming up with local rescue workers to search for the scores still feared trapped under the ruins, the paper said.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend