At least 15 people were killed after a
16-storey building collapsed in the centre of Tanzania's commercial
capital Dar es Salaam on Friday, local media reported.
Only two of the 17 people removed so far from the rubble were found alive, police commander Suleiman Kova told the Citizen newspaper.
The East African country's security forces were teaming up with local rescue workers to search for the scores still feared trapped under the ruins, the paper said.
Most Popular Stories
- Diplomatic, Financial Fix Sought for Ukraine Crisis
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Las Vegas Casino Wants 'Blackout Drunk' Gambler to Pony up $500,000
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit
- Stocks Get Green Light on Weekly Jobless Claims
- Staples Closing Stores, Moving Online
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Costco Revenue Up, Profits Down in Q2
- Hillary Clinton Smacks Putin Again