After months of speculation, Miami Dolphins CEO Mike Dee confirmed on Wednesday the team will use the new logo that was briefly shown on NFL.com and leaked elsewhere.
Earlier this month, the team set April 18 as the date it would reveal its new logo and uniform.
But Dee told the team website that the team decided to take the logo public earlier after multiple outlets the past two days had reported the news. The team says the facemasks on its helmets will be white, and the rest of the new uniform design will be shown April 25, the first day of the NFL Draft.
On Wednesday night, the home page of the team's website displayed the new logo.
Most Popular Stories
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Brazil Braces for Street Protests at World Cup
- Boehner Hires Immigration Reform Expert
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Sprint Not Moving Headquarters to California
- Dennis Kozlowski, ex-Tyco CEO, to Be Paroled
- Healthcare.gov Update Gets Mixed Reviews
- Mexico Economy Secretary to Attend WTO Meeting
- Appeals Court Sides With Employers on Arbitration
- Miley Cyrus to Rihanna Lyrics: Top Yahoo Searches for 2013