After months of speculation, Miami Dolphins CEO Mike Dee confirmed on Wednesday the team will use the new logo that was briefly shown on NFL.com and leaked elsewhere.
Earlier this month, the team set April 18 as the date it would reveal its new logo and uniform.
But Dee told the team website that the team decided to take the logo public earlier after multiple outlets the past two days had reported the news. The team says the facemasks on its helmets will be white, and the rest of the new uniform design will be shown April 25, the first day of the NFL Draft.
On Wednesday night, the home page of the team's website displayed the new logo.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study