OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/29/13 -- It was with great sadness that Sharon and I learned today of the death of Ralph Klein.
As mayor of Calgary and premier of Alberta, Mr. Klein was the most visible and ardent proponent of the province for many years. In the public eye, we saw his every triumph and challenge, and we saw him endure. Above all, he will be remembered as a resilient politician, someone who listened to Albertans and who cherished his time serving others. That was certainly on my mind when I had the privilege of investing Mr. Klein into the Order of Canada last year-an honour he most certainly deserved.
On behalf of all Canadians, we send the Klein family our deepest condolences. His larger-than-life persona and his dedication to Canadian interests will live on in our memories.
Rideau Hall Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- Samsung Launches Milk Music
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu