OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/29/13 -- It was with great sadness that Sharon and I learned today of the death of Ralph Klein.
As mayor of Calgary and premier of Alberta, Mr. Klein was the most visible and ardent proponent of the province for many years. In the public eye, we saw his every triumph and challenge, and we saw him endure. Above all, he will be remembered as a resilient politician, someone who listened to Albertans and who cherished his time serving others. That was certainly on my mind when I had the privilege of investing Mr. Klein into the Order of Canada last year-an honour he most certainly deserved.
On behalf of all Canadians, we send the Klein family our deepest condolences. His larger-than-life persona and his dedication to Canadian interests will live on in our memories.
Rideau Hall Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws