OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/29/13 -- It was with great sadness that Sharon and I learned today of the death of Ralph Klein.
As mayor of Calgary and premier of Alberta, Mr. Klein was the most visible and ardent proponent of the province for many years. In the public eye, we saw his every triumph and challenge, and we saw him endure. Above all, he will be remembered as a resilient politician, someone who listened to Albertans and who cherished his time serving others. That was certainly on my mind when I had the privilege of investing Mr. Klein into the Order of Canada last year-an honour he most certainly deserved.
On behalf of all Canadians, we send the Klein family our deepest condolences. His larger-than-life persona and his dedication to Canadian interests will live on in our memories.
Rideau Hall Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause