Devin Velez became the latest contestant sent home on the singing competition series "American Idol" in Los Angeles.
Aspiring singers are bounced from the show as the result of a combination of the celebrity judges' critiques and viewer votes.
Velez was eliminated on Thursday's edition of the show after he sang "Impossible" by Perry Como. The judges have a collective one-time-only save option but did not choose to exercise it to keep Velez on the show.
Ryan Seacrest is host of the show. Mariah Carey, Keith Urban, Randy Jackson and Nicki Minaj are the judges.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'