Devin Velez became the latest contestant sent home on the singing competition series "American Idol" in Los Angeles.
Aspiring singers are bounced from the show as the result of a combination of the celebrity judges' critiques and viewer votes.
Velez was eliminated on Thursday's edition of the show after he sang "Impossible" by Perry Como. The judges have a collective one-time-only save option but did not choose to exercise it to keep Velez on the show.
Ryan Seacrest is host of the show. Mariah Carey, Keith Urban, Randy Jackson and Nicki Minaj are the judges.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- U.N. Endorses Rights of Indigenous Peoples