A confidential manufacturer catalogue showing accessories for iPhone devices suggests a June launch of the next version of the Apple phone, a tech website says.
The timeframe for the unveiling of the iPhone 5S suggested by the catalog of new cases and chargers would match projections made by a number of industry analysts, TG Daily reported Thursday.
Further evidence come from a report by DigiTimes that "Apple's supply chain will start shipping the components for the iPhone 5S at the end of May, so the next generation smartphone will likely have a chance of showing up in the third quarter."
Most analysts predict the next-generation of Apple's iconic device will have a Super HD display and a faster processor.
A 12-megapixel camera and support for near-field communications are also being rumored, along with the possibility of wireless charging.
Pricing predictions put the iPhone 5S, with carrier contract, at $199 for the 16GB model, $299 for the 32GB model and $399 for 64GB.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum