Fox says Demi Lovato has signed on as a judge for a second season of the American talent show "The X Factor."
"I couldn't be happier that Demi wants to come back this year," judge and producer Simon Cowell said in a statement to EW.com Thursday. "She's a superstar in her own right and was a fantastic mentor last year. Even though she can be really, really annoying -- I truly enjoyed working with her and so did the artists. I'm especially pleased she's back even during her world tour."
"I am so excited to return as a judge and mentor on 'The X Factor,'" said Lovato. "Last season was an unbelievable experience and I really enjoyed developing personal relationships with the contestants and the panel. I look forward to taking my previous experience and applying it to make this season even better."
Lovato and Cowell served alongside L.A. Reid and Britney Spears on the judges' panel last season, however, Reid and Spears have both said they won't be back next season.
Their replacements have not been announced yet.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.