ABC News veteran and co-host of "The View" Barbara Walters is expected to announce in a few weeks her plans to retire in 2014, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Walters, 83, recently returned to "The View" after a weeks-long absence while she recovered from a concussion and a bout with chicken pox.
THR said she will stay on "The View" through next season to help whoever will replace outgoing panelist Joy Behar -- and possibly soon-to-be-ousted co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck -- get settled on the daytime chat show.
Current co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd have not discussed publicly any intention to leave the show.
ABC News declined to comment on THR's story about Walters' 2014 retirement.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study