ABC News veteran and co-host of "The View" Barbara Walters is expected to announce in a few weeks her plans to retire in 2014, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Walters, 83, recently returned to "The View" after a weeks-long absence while she recovered from a concussion and a bout with chicken pox.
THR said she will stay on "The View" through next season to help whoever will replace outgoing panelist Joy Behar -- and possibly soon-to-be-ousted co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck -- get settled on the daytime chat show.
Current co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd have not discussed publicly any intention to leave the show.
ABC News declined to comment on THR's story about Walters' 2014 retirement.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland