ABC News veteran and co-host of "The View" Barbara Walters is expected to announce in a few weeks her plans to retire in 2014, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Walters, 83, recently returned to "The View" after a weeks-long absence while she recovered from a concussion and a bout with chicken pox.
THR said she will stay on "The View" through next season to help whoever will replace outgoing panelist Joy Behar -- and possibly soon-to-be-ousted co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck -- get settled on the daytime chat show.
Current co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd have not discussed publicly any intention to leave the show.
ABC News declined to comment on THR's story about Walters' 2014 retirement.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property