TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/28/13 -- Editors Note: There are two photos associated with this press release.
In an effort to support and give back to one of the destinations that has become very popular with passengers, Sunwing recently donated cargo space on Sunwing Airlines to help the Rotary Club of Punta Cana transport supplies to its local fire department.
The area, which is home to approximately 100,000 residents and welcomes over 2 million tourists annually, was in much need of many supplies for its new fire department. When a request was made for assistance, Sunwing was eager to lend a helping hand.
"The response I received from Mr. Stephen Hunter and his staff was fantastic," commented Carl Eggiman, a Belleville, ON resident and member of the Rotary Club of Punta Cana. "The building of a fire department not only protects the local communities of Punta Cana, but also the Canadian tourists that vacation there. Sunwing demonstrates a corporate ownership of their clients and the destinations they service."
In February of 2013, the airline was pleased to transport the following supplies: 9 radios and charging units; 9 personal emergency locator beacons; 8 fire hoses; 4 pairs of boots; 7 helmets; 15 pairs of protective pants and jackets; 1 emergency light bar for the fire truck; 20 pairs of gloves; and an MD40 multi-glass detector.
To view the photos associated with this press release, please visit the following links:
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Sunwing Travel Group
VP Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim