HALIFAX, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 03/28/13 -- Halifax has announced a number of rate reductions across its range in a move to further support the UK's mortgage market. Available from today (19th March), selected rates have been reduced by up to 0.30% on a number of fixed rate and tracker mortgages.
- 2 year 60% LTV fixed homemover product reduced by 0.10% to 2.49% for properties under GBP 150,000 (GBP 995 fee), and reduced by 0.20% to 1.99% for properties over GBP 150,000 (GBP 1,995 fee).
- 2 year 75% LTV fixed remortgage rates reduced by 0.20% to 2.89% for properties under GBP 150,000 (GBP 995 fee), and reduced by 0.30% to 2.39% for properties over GBP 150,000 (GBP 1,995 fee).
- 2 year 80% and 85% LTV fixed and tracker remortgage rates reduced by 0.20%.
Upon completion of their mortgage, Halifax customers will also receive GBP 500 cashback to help with the cost of moving. This offer is available on all first time buyer and home mover products(1) until 5th April 2013.
Craig McKinlay, new mortgages director at Halifax, said:
"The housing market continues to strengthen, and once again Halifax is reducing rates on a number of products to help underpin these improvements. Whether customers are looking to remortgage or buy their first home, these competitive rates should really help."
(1) Excludes New Build and New Buy.
0845 739 4959
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide