HALIFAX, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 03/28/13 -- Halifax has announced a number of rate reductions across its range in a move to further support the UK's mortgage market. Available from today (19th March), selected rates have been reduced by up to 0.30% on a number of fixed rate and tracker mortgages.
- 2 year 60% LTV fixed homemover product reduced by 0.10% to 2.49% for properties under GBP 150,000 (GBP 995 fee), and reduced by 0.20% to 1.99% for properties over GBP 150,000 (GBP 1,995 fee).
- 2 year 75% LTV fixed remortgage rates reduced by 0.20% to 2.89% for properties under GBP 150,000 (GBP 995 fee), and reduced by 0.30% to 2.39% for properties over GBP 150,000 (GBP 1,995 fee).
- 2 year 80% and 85% LTV fixed and tracker remortgage rates reduced by 0.20%.
Upon completion of their mortgage, Halifax customers will also receive GBP 500 cashback to help with the cost of moving. This offer is available on all first time buyer and home mover products(1) until 5th April 2013.
Craig McKinlay, new mortgages director at Halifax, said:
"The housing market continues to strengthen, and once again Halifax is reducing rates on a number of products to help underpin these improvements. Whether customers are looking to remortgage or buy their first home, these competitive rates should really help."
(1) Excludes New Build and New Buy.
0845 739 4959
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter