Boxer Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero was arrested in New York on gun possession charges after attempting to board a plane to Las Vegas with a handgun, police said.
Guerrero, 30, who is scheduled to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. in Las Vegas on May 4, was arrested Thursday morning with an unloaded .40-caliber semi-automatic weapon at John F. Kennedy International Airport as he attempted to catch a Delta Air Lines flight, the New York Post reported.
He was taken to a Port Authority police station within the airport complex, the New York Daily News said.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'