Boxer Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero was arrested in New York on gun possession charges after attempting to board a plane to Las Vegas with a handgun, police said.
Guerrero, 30, who is scheduled to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. in Las Vegas on May 4, was arrested Thursday morning with an unloaded .40-caliber semi-automatic weapon at John F. Kennedy International Airport as he attempted to catch a Delta Air Lines flight, the New York Post reported.
He was taken to a Port Authority police station within the airport complex, the New York Daily News said.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women