NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 03/28/13 -- Digital First Media today announced the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York has granted final approval for the sale of the assets of Journal Register Company and its affiliates to 21st CMH Acquisition Co. The parties have set April 2 as the sale date for Journal Register Company.
"We are pleased to have received final approval for the sale and to establish a sale date for Journal Register Company," said John Paton, Chief Executive Officer of Digital First Media. "We thank the Court, the Official Creditors Committee, our vendors, our customers and our employees as we move forward and complete the transaction."
The Company is being sold to 21st CMH Acquisition Co., an affiliate of funds managed by Alden Global Capital.
About Digital First Media
Digital First Media is headquartered in New York City, and jointly manages MediaNews Group and Journal Register Company. Digital First Media reaches 61.5 million Americans each month through more than 800 multi-platform products across 18 states.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
For more information contact:
Vice President Media Relations & Employee Communications Digital First Media
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction