CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/28/13 -- The Calgary Food Bank is pleased to announce that Friends of the Food Bank, Burnet Duckworth & Palmer LLP, have once again donated their 2013 Stampede chuck wagon tarp.
The generous investment is part of the summer's Put the Boots to Hunger program, an important fundraising initiative for the Calgary Food Bank. The chuck wagon tarp is sold off to various companies each night to raise funds for the Calgary Food Bank. Local businesses rent the tarp space and have their logo featured for one day during the Calgary Stampede. An opportunity a small business could otherwise not afford, and a successful fundraising venture for the Calgary Food Bank. This year's chuckwagon driver is Jordie Fike, considered one of chuckwagon racings rising stars and is sure to generate high value for 2013 sponsors.
In 2009, BD&P teamed up with the Calgary Food Bank to launch Put the Boots to Hunger. Five years later, an additional 75 community partners and chuck wagon sponsors joined BD&P to raise more than $520,000 in food and funds during the ten days of the Calgary Stampede. For their fifth year, BD&P has committed $200,000 as their leadership donation.
Facebook: Calgary Inter-faith FoodBank
This release is transmitted courtesy of Marketwire.
Calgary Food Bank
Interim Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant