SPRINGDALE, NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR -- (Marketwire) -- 03/28/13 -- BMO Bank of Montreal today announced two donations of $5,000 each to the Springdale and the Town of Kings Point volunteer fire departments in support of their ongoing service to the region.
Both fire departments played an active role in battling and controlling the fire that destroyed the BMO Springdale Branch on January 10. "All firefighters involved demonstrated great courage and knowhow to overcome this fire and make sure no one was injured, " said Carolyn Booth, Senior Vice-president, Atlantic Provinces Division, BMO Bank of Montreal. "It is only fitting for us to support both fire departments financially to thank them and to help them deploy their services when the community needs them, just like we needed them last January."
"We are actively working on identifying and securing a site to build a new state-of-the-art branch," added Jim Fallon, District Vice-President for Newfoundland & Labrador at BMO Bank of Montreal. "We wish to thank our customers for their understanding, and will keep them abreast of our plans to rebuild our branch as quickly as possible," added Mr. Fallon.
In the meantime, BMO has taken numerous steps to ensure continued banking services to its customers and the community. A fully functional and staffed banking trailer is deployed at the former branch location from which customers have access to a full range of banking services and transactions, in addition to a BMO full-service ATM.
BMO Bank of Montreal has done business in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1894. It operates 23 branches and is one of the leading corporate donors in the province.
About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817 as Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified North American financial services organization. With total assets of $542 billion as at January 31, 2013, and more than 46,000 employees, BMO Financial Group provides a broad range of retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.
Kris Spurrell, Area Manager
BMO Bank of Montreal
Valerie Doucet, Media Relations
BMO Financial Group
Twitter : @BMOMedia
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?