Wells Fargo says an issue that led numerous customers to report issues using their debit cards Wednesday morning has been resolved.
The customers said their Wells debit cards were being rejected when they tried to use them for purchases. In Charlotte, Steve Johnston said his debit card was rejected twice while trying to buy a Lynx light-rail ticket at the 7th Street Station just before 9 a.m. Similar stories were reported across the country.
Wells spokesman Josh Dunn said in an email the issue stemmed from "technical glitch by Visa" and has now been resolved.
The issue comes on the heels of a website slowdown Tuesday, which the bank attributed to a cyber attack. The debit card problems do not appear to be related, the bank said.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant