Wells Fargo says an issue that led numerous customers to report issues using their debit cards Wednesday morning has been resolved.
The customers said their Wells debit cards were being rejected when they tried to use them for purchases. In Charlotte, Steve Johnston said his debit card was rejected twice while trying to buy a Lynx light-rail ticket at the 7th Street Station just before 9 a.m. Similar stories were reported across the country.
Wells spokesman Josh Dunn said in an email the issue stemmed from "technical glitch by Visa" and has now been resolved.
The issue comes on the heels of a website slowdown Tuesday, which the bank attributed to a cyber attack. The debit card problems do not appear to be related, the bank said.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV