Wells Fargo says an issue that led numerous customers to report issues using their debit cards Wednesday morning has been resolved.
The customers said their Wells debit cards were being rejected when they tried to use them for purchases. In Charlotte, Steve Johnston said his debit card was rejected twice while trying to buy a Lynx light-rail ticket at the 7th Street Station just before 9 a.m. Similar stories were reported across the country.
Wells spokesman Josh Dunn said in an email the issue stemmed from "technical glitch by Visa" and has now been resolved.
The issue comes on the heels of a website slowdown Tuesday, which the bank attributed to a cyber attack. The debit card problems do not appear to be related, the bank said.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing