Wells Fargo says an issue that led numerous customers to report issues using their debit cards Wednesday morning has been resolved.
The customers said their Wells debit cards were being rejected when they tried to use them for purchases. In Charlotte, Steve Johnston said his debit card was rejected twice while trying to buy a Lynx light-rail ticket at the 7th Street Station just before 9 a.m. Similar stories were reported across the country.
Wells spokesman Josh Dunn said in an email the issue stemmed from "technical glitch by Visa" and has now been resolved.
The issue comes on the heels of a website slowdown Tuesday, which the bank attributed to a cyber attack. The debit card problems do not appear to be related, the bank said.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World