The United States added a point to their World Cup qualifying tally Tuesday by battling Mexico to a 0-0 draw at Azteca Stadium.
The U.S. team, coming off a 1-0 win over Costa Rica in a Colorado blizzard last week, is in third place in its qualifying group.
Goalkeeper Brad Guzan weathered 17 shots, including three on goal, plus 15 corner kicks. The Americans will face Jamaica when qualifying resumes June 7.
Mexico failed to convert several good scoring chances and is in fifth place in their group with three draws in three matches. El Tri will face the Jamaicans June 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison