The United States added a point to their World Cup qualifying tally Tuesday by battling Mexico to a 0-0 draw at Azteca Stadium.
The U.S. team, coming off a 1-0 win over Costa Rica in a Colorado blizzard last week, is in third place in its qualifying group.
Goalkeeper Brad Guzan weathered 17 shots, including three on goal, plus 15 corner kicks. The Americans will face Jamaica when qualifying resumes June 7.
Mexico failed to convert several good scoring chances and is in fifth place in their group with three draws in three matches. El Tri will face the Jamaicans June 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs