The United States added a point to their World Cup qualifying tally Tuesday by battling Mexico to a 0-0 draw at Azteca Stadium.
The U.S. team, coming off a 1-0 win over Costa Rica in a Colorado blizzard last week, is in third place in its qualifying group.
Goalkeeper Brad Guzan weathered 17 shots, including three on goal, plus 15 corner kicks. The Americans will face Jamaica when qualifying resumes June 7.
Mexico failed to convert several good scoring chances and is in fifth place in their group with three draws in three matches. El Tri will face the Jamaicans June 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- House Votes to Make Bonus Depreciation Permanent
- Wells Fargo Profit Up, Revenue Down
- Liverpool Sells Luis Suarez to Barcelona