The United States added a point to their World Cup qualifying tally Tuesday by battling Mexico to a 0-0 draw at Azteca Stadium.
The U.S. team, coming off a 1-0 win over Costa Rica in a Colorado blizzard last week, is in third place in its qualifying group.
Goalkeeper Brad Guzan weathered 17 shots, including three on goal, plus 15 corner kicks. The Americans will face Jamaica when qualifying resumes June 7.
Mexico failed to convert several good scoring chances and is in fifth place in their group with three draws in three matches. El Tri will face the Jamaicans June 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder