Swiss bank Credit Suisse said on Wednesday that it
had agreed with Morgan Stanley to take over the US company's wealth
management operations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Morgan Stanley manages more than 13 billion dollars for super-rich clients in these regions.
Credit Suisse's wealth management arm had a total of 798.5 billion Swiss francs (841.7 billion dollars) of client assets on its books last year.
The accounts that are to change hands under the deal are concentrated in Britain, Italy and Dubai.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years