Swiss bank Credit Suisse said on Wednesday that it
had agreed with Morgan Stanley to take over the US company's wealth
management operations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Morgan Stanley manages more than 13 billion dollars for super-rich clients in these regions.
Credit Suisse's wealth management arm had a total of 798.5 billion Swiss francs (841.7 billion dollars) of client assets on its books last year.
The accounts that are to change hands under the deal are concentrated in Britain, Italy and Dubai.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters