Hispanic Unity announced its Entrepreneur Summit 2013 American Dreamers for its third annual showcase and networking event that will be held April 12 at The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Fla. The honorees are:
Mitchell Kaplan -- founder of Books & Books in Coral Gables and co-founder of the Miami Book Fair International;
Maria Elena Ibanez -- founder and president of Intermark Foods / El Latino Brands, in Doral which focus on the Hispanic market in Florida and the East Coast;
John Ruffin, Jr. -- founder of J.D. Ruffin Associates, Inc., in Coral Springs and civic and community leader involved with organizations such as NAACP, UNCF, and Urban League of Broward County;
Stanley, Kenny & Jimmy Tate of Tate Capital, in North Miami, as well as founders of several national and international real estate development, general contracting, management, and finance companies and
Remedios Diaz-Oliver -- founder and president of All American Containers, Inc. in Miami.
The learning, networking event, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. showcases the diverse array of businesses that contribute to South Florida's economy.
Attendees are a mix of business-owners, entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 companies, economic development specialists, government staffers, small business experts, procurement officers, educational institutions, media and corporate partners and others interested in entrepreneurship.
Last year, the event drew of crowd of about 500 attendees.
Keynote speaker is Keith Koenig, founder and president of City Furniture. The retailer has 24 showrooms in South Florida under two brands, City Furniture and Ashley Furniture HomeStores.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief