SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/27/13 -- Handal & Associates announced today that Chief Administrative Law Judge Bullock declared each of the claims of the '766 patent asserted against BDT by Overland Storage (NASDAQ: OVRL) in ITC investigation number 337-TA-746 are invalid. Judge Bullock also found that BDT does not infringe any of the remaining claims asserted against it in the investigation.
The Opinion released yesterday by Chief Judge Charles Bullock is a confirmation of his earlier decision that BDT did not infringe Overland's patents. On a review of that decision, Judge Bullock has made a further determination that Overland's '766 patent is invalid as being anticipated by prior art.
The decision, if upheld by the International Trade Commission, is a stunning defeat for Overland Storage, which for years has claimed that it maintains patented technology relevant to media storage libraries. "The decision is welcome news to us who have fought hard to vindicate our client's rights against Overland's unfounded charges of patent infringement," said Anton Handal, lead counsel.
Handal & Associates is a boutique law firm with a practice weighted towards intellectual property and commercial transactions. Located in San Diego, it represents clients from around the world.
Handal & Associates
For further information send enquiries to Email Contact
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.