SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/27/13 -- Handal & Associates announced today that Chief Administrative Law Judge Bullock declared each of the claims of the '766 patent asserted against BDT by Overland Storage (NASDAQ: OVRL) in ITC investigation number 337-TA-746 are invalid. Judge Bullock also found that BDT does not infringe any of the remaining claims asserted against it in the investigation.
The Opinion released yesterday by Chief Judge Charles Bullock is a confirmation of his earlier decision that BDT did not infringe Overland's patents. On a review of that decision, Judge Bullock has made a further determination that Overland's '766 patent is invalid as being anticipated by prior art.
The decision, if upheld by the International Trade Commission, is a stunning defeat for Overland Storage, which for years has claimed that it maintains patented technology relevant to media storage libraries. "The decision is welcome news to us who have fought hard to vindicate our client's rights against Overland's unfounded charges of patent infringement," said Anton Handal, lead counsel.
Handal & Associates is a boutique law firm with a practice weighted towards intellectual property and commercial transactions. Located in San Diego, it represents clients from around the world.
Handal & Associates
For further information send enquiries to Email Contact
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women