VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/27/13 -- Columbus Gold Corp. (TSX VENTURE: CGT) ("Columbus Gold") announces the termination of the letter agreement with Columbus Copper Corporation (formerly Empire Mining) ("Columbus Copper") first announced in March 2012 (the "Columbus Agreement"). The Columbus Agreement granted a contingent option under which Columbus Gold could earn up to a 51% interest in Columbus Copper's Demirtepe property in Turkey. In connection with the termination, Columbus Gold has been repaid a $2,000,000 refundable deposit plus approximately $200,000 in interest and fees.
Columbus Gold now has approximately $4.4 million in cash on hand.
For additional information on the Columbus Agreement, please see Columbus Gold's news release of March 29, 2012.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD,
Robert F. Giustra, Chairman & CEO
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Columbus Gold Corp.
604-634-0970 or 1-888-818-1364
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Yemen Attack Kills 52