U.S. author George R.R. Martin says he is apprehensive about how his iconic Red Wedding scene will appear on TV's "Game of Thrones."
"I think it will have more impact if it takes people unexpectedly," Martin is quoted as saying on the website omnivoracious.com. "But certainly that's the scene that both myself and, I think, most of my hardcore fans are looking forward to with a mixture of anticipation and apprehension."
The New York Post said the shocking wedding/battle scene from the series of books is expected to air during the medieval fantasy show's upcoming third season, possibly as its season finale. It involves the marriage of Catelyn Stark's brother, Edmure Tully, to Lady Roslin Frey, daughter of Lord Walder Frey.
Season 3 of "Game of Thrones" is to begin Sunday. Martin is an executive producer on the series.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court