U.S. author George R.R. Martin says he is apprehensive about how his iconic Red Wedding scene will appear on TV's "Game of Thrones."
"I think it will have more impact if it takes people unexpectedly," Martin is quoted as saying on the website omnivoracious.com. "But certainly that's the scene that both myself and, I think, most of my hardcore fans are looking forward to with a mixture of anticipation and apprehension."
The New York Post said the shocking wedding/battle scene from the series of books is expected to air during the medieval fantasy show's upcoming third season, possibly as its season finale. It involves the marriage of Catelyn Stark's brother, Edmure Tully, to Lady Roslin Frey, daughter of Lord Walder Frey.
Season 3 of "Game of Thrones" is to begin Sunday. Martin is an executive producer on the series.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks