The U.S. Department of Agriculture has extended the deadline by which Hispanic or women farmers and ranchers can file discrimination claims against the department.
The new deadline is May 1.
The department announced in 2011 up to $1.33 billion in cash awards and tax relief and $160 million in farm debt relief for parties who prove their claims.
The claims process is open toe parties who were denied an application for loan or loan servicing assistance for discriminatory reasons between 1981 and 2000.
An independent company will administer the claims process and adjudicate the claims.
For more information, visit www.farmerclaims.gov or call 1-888-508-4429.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Picks His Love
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing