The U.S. Department of Agriculture has extended the deadline by which Hispanic or women farmers and ranchers can file discrimination claims against the department.
The new deadline is May 1.
The department announced in 2011 up to $1.33 billion in cash awards and tax relief and $160 million in farm debt relief for parties who prove their claims.
The claims process is open toe parties who were denied an application for loan or loan servicing assistance for discriminatory reasons between 1981 and 2000.
An independent company will administer the claims process and adjudicate the claims.
For more information, visit www.farmerclaims.gov or call 1-888-508-4429.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years