The U.S. Department of Agriculture has extended the deadline by which Hispanic or women farmers and ranchers can file discrimination claims against the department.
The new deadline is May 1.
The department announced in 2011 up to $1.33 billion in cash awards and tax relief and $160 million in farm debt relief for parties who prove their claims.
The claims process is open toe parties who were denied an application for loan or loan servicing assistance for discriminatory reasons between 1981 and 2000.
An independent company will administer the claims process and adjudicate the claims.
For more information, visit www.farmerclaims.gov or call 1-888-508-4429.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays