The U.S. Department of Agriculture has extended the deadline by which Hispanic or women farmers and ranchers can file discrimination claims against the department.
The new deadline is May 1.
The department announced in 2011 up to $1.33 billion in cash awards and tax relief and $160 million in farm debt relief for parties who prove their claims.
The claims process is open toe parties who were denied an application for loan or loan servicing assistance for discriminatory reasons between 1981 and 2000.
An independent company will administer the claims process and adjudicate the claims.
For more information, visit www.farmerclaims.gov or call 1-888-508-4429.
Most Popular Stories
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement