The U.S. Department of Agriculture has extended the deadline by which Hispanic or women farmers and ranchers can file discrimination claims against the department.
The new deadline is May 1.
The department announced in 2011 up to $1.33 billion in cash awards and tax relief and $160 million in farm debt relief for parties who prove their claims.
The claims process is open toe parties who were denied an application for loan or loan servicing assistance for discriminatory reasons between 1981 and 2000.
An independent company will administer the claims process and adjudicate the claims.
For more information, visit www.farmerclaims.gov or call 1-888-508-4429.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks