Entertainment icon Dionne Warwick has filed
for bankruptcy, claiming she owes 10 million dollars but has assets
of only 25,000 dollars, according to celebrity news TMZ on Tuesday.
The singer, whose hits include Walk On By, Do You Know the Way to San Jose and Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head, said she earns almost 21,000 dollars a month, but spends all but 10 dollars. Her expenditures include 5,000 dollars in housekeeping and 4,000 dollars on a personal assistant.
Warwick, 72, a 5-time Grammy winner, owed most of her debt to tax authorities, the report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise