Entertainment icon Dionne Warwick has filed
for bankruptcy, claiming she owes 10 million dollars but has assets
of only 25,000 dollars, according to celebrity news TMZ on Tuesday.
The singer, whose hits include Walk On By, Do You Know the Way to San Jose and Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head, said she earns almost 21,000 dollars a month, but spends all but 10 dollars. Her expenditures include 5,000 dollars in housekeeping and 4,000 dollars on a personal assistant.
Warwick, 72, a 5-time Grammy winner, owed most of her debt to tax authorities, the report said.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Health Care Signups Picked up Pace in November