Entertainment icon Dionne Warwick has filed
for bankruptcy, claiming she owes 10 million dollars but has assets
of only 25,000 dollars, according to celebrity news TMZ on Tuesday.
The singer, whose hits include Walk On By, Do You Know the Way to San Jose and Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head, said she earns almost 21,000 dollars a month, but spends all but 10 dollars. Her expenditures include 5,000 dollars in housekeeping and 4,000 dollars on a personal assistant.
Warwick, 72, a 5-time Grammy winner, owed most of her debt to tax authorities, the report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4