SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/26/13 -- BrightScope (www.brightscope.com), a leading provider of independent financial information and investment research, today announced the Top 25 companies with the highest ranked 401k plans containing more than $100 million in assets in the health and medicine sector. This is the third list in a new series that BrightScope will regularly issue to highlight the strongest plans within leading industries across the nation.
BrightScope obtains an increasing amount of its data directly from plan sponsors and record keepers, and augments these primary sources with data from publicly available sources such as the Department of Labor and the Securities and Exchange Commission. By analyzing and interpreting this data, BrightScope provides unprecedented transparency into the 401k industry.
"Like all important life matters, whether it's physical health or financial well-being, due diligence and research should be a priority," said Mike Alfred, CEO and co-founder of BrightScope. "That is where these lists and the BrightScope rating can help -- it gives employers and employees easy access to information about their 401k plan and provides benchmarks for creating more robust and reliable offerings."
Key statistics found on the list of health and medicine companies with the best 401k plan:
•Average account balance for plans listed is $303,634 •98.06% is the average participation rate for plans on the list •Average company generosity for plans listed is $19,886; the median is $18,704 •Average salary deferral for plans listed is $7,970; the median is $10,386
Top 25 health and medicine companies with the highest ranked 401k plan containing more than $100 million in assets:
Company - Plan Name - BrightScope Rating
1. Oregon Anesthesiology Group, P.C. - Oregon Anesthesiology Group, P.C. 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan - 92.10
2. Sutter Medical Group, Inc. - Sutter Medical Group 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan - 91.61
3. Spectrum Medical Group, P.A. - Spectrum Medical Group, P.A. 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan - 91.54
4. Anesthesia Service Medical Group, Inc. - Anesthesia Service Medical Group, Inc. 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan Trust - 91.05
5. Gould Medical Group, Inc. - Gould Medical Group, Inc. 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan and Trust - 89.61
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients